Empowering Community Minds, comprised of the Canadian Institute for Advancements in Mental Health, Community Family Services of Ontario, Ontario Peer Development Initiative, Hope + Me – Mood Disorders Association of Ontario, Fred Victor, and Ontario Brain Injury Association brings together community-based organizations in Ontario to empower and support our communities. We aim to provide a continuum of services to improve the lives of individuals and families with varying mental and psychosocial abilities, within the diverse communities of GTA. Sparked by the pandemic but sustained by passion, we unite to serve our communities for their chronic and crisis needs.
Join us throughout the month of June for a virtual education series designed for the hard-working individuals serving on the front-lines of health, mental health and social services during the pandemic. These workshops will provide knowledge, support and guidance to build skills that will help you to maintain your own wellness while also better serving clients.
Download our media release here (PDF)
- Self-care and mental wellness for frontline health care staff (delivered in English, Mandarin and Cantonese)
- Good Medicine - Peer Support for People of Indigenous Heritage
- Peer Support 101 in Challenging Times
- Plan for Resilience: A Workshop for Front Line Workers
- Working with Hard to Reach Clients